I love this transitional salad, a little bit of winter citrus and a little bit of seasonal avocado with spring greens. Oak Leaf Lettuce is a delicate type of butter lettuce.
Small chef’s knife
Small whisk or fork
2 dinner plates for serving
• 2 Tablespoon of Arbeqina EVOO from Amphora Nueva-San Anselmo
• 2 teaspoons grapefruit Balsamic vinegar from Amphora Nueva-San Anselmo
• 2 teaspoons lemon juice
• Pinch of salt
• 2 cups of green oak leaf lettuce
• 1 large pink grapefruit
• 1 ripe avocado
Follow the Steps!
• Place all the ingredients for the vinaigrette into a small bowl and mix
• Peel the grapefruit with a fruit knife to remove all the peel and pith
• Slice in between the membrane that divides the sections to remove a perfectly pink section of grapefruit
• Half and remove the seed for the avocado and cut into thin slices
• Arrange the lettuce on the plate with layers of grapefruit and avocado slices
• Spoon the vinaigrette over the salad and enjoy!